The SM6 is made up of modular units containing fixed, disconnectable or
withdrawable metal-enclosed switchgear, using sulphur hexafluoride (SF6)
• SF6 Circuit breaker
• Vacuum contactor
SM6 units are designed for indoor installations.
Their compact dimensions are: • 375 to 1500 mm width • 1600 to 2250 mm height • 840 to 1400 mm depth… … this makes for easy installation in small rooms or prefabricated substations. Cables are connected via the front. All control functions are centralised on a front plate, thus simplifying operation. The units may be equipped with a number of accessories (relays, toroids, instrument transformers, surge arrester, control and monitoring, etc.).
Field of Application
SM6 air insulated switchgears are used for the MV section in MV/LV transformer substations in public
distribution systems and MV consumer or distribution substations up to 36 kV.
MV/LV transformer substations
Industrial distribution substations
Units for Switching Functions
Normal operating conditions
Ambient air temperature
• Less than or equal to 40°C
• Less than or equal to 35°C on average over 24 hours
• Greater or equal to –5°C.
• Less than or equal to 1000 m
• Above 1000 m, a derating coefficient is applied (please consult us).
• No solar radiation influence is permitted.
Ambient air pollution
• No significant pollution by dust, smoke, corrosive and/or flammable gases,
vapours or salt.
• Average relative humidity over a 24 hour period, less than or equal to 95%
• Average relative humidity over a 1 month period, less than or equal to 90%
• Average vapor pressure over a 24 hour period, less than or equal to 2.2 kPa
• Average vapor pressure over a 1 month period, less than or equal to 1.8 kPa.
For these conditions, condensation may occasionally occur. Condensation can be
expected where sudden temperature changes occur in periods of high humidity.
To withstand the effects of high humidity and condensation, such as breakdown of
insulation, please pay attention on Civil Engineering recommendations for design
of the building or housing, by suitable ventilation and installation.
Seismic (for 24 Kv and 36 kV):
• Up to 0.5 g (horizontal) and 0.4 g (vertical)
• Class 2 for 24 kV and Class 1 for 36kV
• According to standards IEEE-693/2005 and EN 60068-3/1993 for the
24 kV and 36 kV
Our SM6 Switchgears
Feel free to contact us if you need SM6 Air Insulated Switchgear Up to 36kV.